Suggestion for migrating from Pleroma to Akkoma

I had a number of issues with migrating my OTP instance to Akkoma, but there was one step that was mystifying.

When using the database configuration option, the frontend configurations in the database were still taking effect even though Akkoma shouldn’t be using them. As a result, I kept getting the screen to run the commands to install frontends. It was only until I delete the rows from the postgresql database that the frontends started working.

I had to do the following to delete them.

root@akkoma-s-2vcpu-4gb-sfo3-01:~# psql -U pleroma --host=localhost
Password for user pleroma:
psql (15.1 (Ubuntu 15.1-1.pgdg20.04+1), server 13.9 (Ubuntu 13.9-1.pgdg20.04+1))
SSL connection (protocol: TLSv1.3, cipher: TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, compression: off)
Type “help” for help.

pleroma=> \c pleroma
psql (15.1 (Ubuntu 15.1-1.pgdg20.04+1), server 13.9 (Ubuntu 13.9-1.pgdg20.04+1))
SSL connection (protocol: TLSv1.3, cipher: TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, compression: off)
You are now connected to database “pleroma” as user “pleroma”.
pleroma=> delete from config where key like ‘%frontend%’;
DELETE 2

The password is in the config.exs file, but I think these steps should be listed somewhere else, too.

Cheers.

Similar to my experience: My migration war story - #2 by ninja

There’s a command to delete the frontend db config.

fixed in develop

https://docs.akkoma.dev/develop/installation/migrating_to_akkoma/#the-frontend-doesnt-show-after-installing-it

1 Like

Does this get both rows? I had 2 rows in there. frontends and frontend-configuration

:frontends
:frontend_configurations

Maybe I didn’t need to delete the second one, too?

Thank you

configurations should be ok and shouldn’t conflict between versions, that’s just the default json for frontend config

1 Like