[solved] Alpine 3.17 OTP installation fails

yes specified amd64-musl version. Linode vps running Alpine 3.17
I don’t want to waste your time if it is my fault so feel free to abuse me if it is.
This was just for testing, so no stress.

If not, this is the info:

Paste also:

su akkoma -s $SHELL -lc "./bin/pleroma_ctl instance gen --output /etc/akkoma/config.exs --output-psql /tmp/setup_db.psql"
!!! Config path is not declared! Please ensure it exists and that AKKOMA_CONFIG_PATH and/or PLEROMA_CONFIG_PATH is unset or points to an existing file
What domain will your instance use? (e.g akkoma.example.com) [] example.tld
What is the name of your instance? (e.g. The Corndog Emporium) [example.tld]
What is your admin email address? [] admin@example.tld
What email address do you want to use for sending email notifications? [admin@example.tld]
Do you want search engines to index your site? (y/n) [y] n
Do you want to store the configuration in the database (allows controlling it from admin-fe)? (y/n) [n] y
What is the hostname of your database? [localhost]
What is the name of your database? [akkoma]
What is the user used to connect to your database? [akkoma]

05:57:40.340 [error] Unable to load crypto library. Failed with error:
":load_failed, Failed to load NIF library: 'Error loading shared library libcrypto.so.1.1: No such file or directory (needed by /opt/akkoma/lib/crypto-5.1.2/priv/lib/crypto.so)'"
OpenSSL might not be installed on this system.

05:57:40.385 [warning] The on_load function for module crypto returned:
{:error,
 {:load_failed,
  'Failed to load NIF library: \'Error loading shared library libcrypto.so.1.1: No such file or directory (needed by /opt/akkoma/lib/crypto-5.1.2/priv/lib/crypto.so)\''}}

** (UndefinedFunctionError) function :crypto.strong_rand_bytes/1 is undefined (module :crypto is not available)
    :crypto.strong_rand_bytes(64)
    (pleroma 3.5.0-0-gd9508474b) lib/mix/tasks/pleroma/instance.ex:118: Mix.Tasks.Pleroma.Instance.run/1
    nofile:1: (file)
    (stdlib 4.1.1) erl_eval.erl:748: :erl_eval.do_apply/7
    (elixir 1.14.2) lib/code.ex:425: Code.validated_eval_string/3

ah they finally upgraded to openSSL 3, huh

yep, we build against alpine 3.14, so you’ll have to install openssl1.1-compat for now

1 Like

ahh thank you very much.