I’ve been trying to get Akkoma running in dev mode. I’ve gotten the server up and running. If I go to localhost:4000 or 127.0.0.1:4000 it takes me to the /main/public path, which loads as a while screen. Looking at the browser inspector I see some requests like /api/v1/mutes/ and /api/v1/announcements which return HTTP 403s with:
"error": "Invalid credentials."
I’ve been poking around in the code to see if I can figure out why this is happened, but I wanted to write here to ask if this at all a common issue?
Another thing I remember; you’re probably running the development branch now or the BE. But that means you also have to use the FE’s development branch. There’s no guaranteed backwards compatibility between the two in Akkoma. I saw people have problems because of that in the recent past and it was also a white screen they had. This should actually also be added to the guide for setting up a local development env.
If this still doesn’t work, it’s always possible that the settings for the front-ends are already stored in the database and it uses those settings instead. I don’t think they are yet, but if so, you can always try with configurable_from_database set to false.
Yep, that was it, thanks! It wasn’t working for a while, but then I did a mix ecto.drop and then mix ecto.setup and it worked. It’s because I was getting a “Cannot create service actor …” error, and I guess it had saved something to the DB when I had the stable frontends.
Thanks! Heading to bed now, but looking forward to poking around akkoma