Installing a Front End (--rpc-eval : RPC failed with reason :nodedown)

Hi all. Newbie here. I’m at a loss on how to install a front end for my Akkoma instance.

Context
I have installed the akkoma-bin (AUR) package on Arch and the service is running.

Problem
Running sudo /opt/akkoma/bin/pleroma_ctl frontend install pleroma-fe fails.

Error Message
--rpc-eval : RPC failed with reason :nodedown

It appears you are using OTP release, so would need to follow Installing on Linux using OTP releases - Akkoma Documentation

Not sure you’ll find much help here for an unsupported method, you probably would need to contact the package maintainer to find out how they expect it to be installed.

oh wait. My link above is to install FE’s and it shows you missed the --ref stable part at the end of the line :wink:

I assume it is installed under the akkoma user and you aren’t logged into that user, in which case you’d do:

su akkoma -s $SHELL -lc "./bin/pleroma_ctl frontend install pleroma-fe --ref stable"

and for Admin-FE:

su akkoma -s $SHELL -lc "./bin/pleroma_ctl frontend install admin-fe --ref stable"

edit: I just tried the above without --ref stable and it grabbed stable anyway. Not sure if that’s because that is already what I had though.

basically you need to start the service before it’ll work - nodedown means it can’t connect

that was my thought but they said it was running :person_shrugging:

and the service is running.

I don’t really get it but there was what I’ll call a “ghost process” running and I ended up killing it. I gave up on the AUR package and installed Akkoma manually, it all works great now.

You can consider this issue closed.

1 Like