Docker container fails to compile Akkoma while updating

I recently updated my Akkoma instance running on Docker through the instructions provided in the installation page, and it errored out while compiling. The instance then stopped working, with the request being accepted but with nothing getting returned.

Compile error:

WARN[0000] /home/ubuntu/akkoma/docker-compose.yml: `version` is obsolete
[+] Creating 1/0
 ✔ Container akkoma-db-1  Running                                                                                  0.0s
Compiling 374 files (.ex)
Compiling lib/pleroma/web/gettext.ex (it's taking more than 10s)

20:35:33.381 [debug] Elixir.Pleroma.Web.ActivityPub.MRF.ForceBotUnlistedPolicy is excluded from config descriptions, because does not implement `config_description/0` method.

20:35:33.398 [debug] Elixir.Pleroma.Web.ActivityPub.MRF.TagPolicy is excluded from config descriptions, because does not implement `config_description/0` method.

20:35:33.399 [debug] Elixir.Pleroma.Web.ActivityPub.MRF.DirectMessageDisabledPolicy is excluded from config descriptions, because does not implement `config_description/0` method.
error: Pleroma.Conversation.Participation.__struct__/0 is undefined, cannot expand struct Pleroma.Conversation.Participation. Make sure the struct name is correct. If the struct name exists and is correct but it still cannot be found, you likely have cyclic module usage in your code
  lib/pleroma/web/common_api/utils.ex:54: Pleroma.Web.CommonAPI.Utils.get_to_and_cc/1

error: Pleroma.Web.OAuth.Token.__struct__/0 is undefined, cannot expand struct Pleroma.Web.OAuth.Token. Make sure the struct name is correct. If the struct name exists and is correct but it still cannot be found, you likely have cyclic module usage in your code
  lib/pleroma/web/mastodon_api/controllers/status_controller.ex:535: Pleroma.Web.MastodonAPI.StatusController.put_application/2

== Compilation error in file lib/pleroma/web/mastodon_api/controllers/status_controller.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/pleroma/web/mastodon_api/controllers/status_controller.ex: cannot compile module Pleroma.Web.MastodonAPI.StatusController (errors have been logged)

You probably have local patches or otherwise ran into merge conflicts. Check git status

Save any patches you might have

Then (assuming you’re following stable and kept the default remote name) run

git fetch --all --prune && git reset --hard origin/stable ; echo "This should be zero: $?"

and try again

Nothing changed. I should also mention that the instance is stock and has no patches.

given that compilation succeeds elsewhere, it has to be something with your local environment

are you sure you didn’t, say, migrate from pleroma in the past and have some weird commits?

if all else fails, there’s always the fallback of deleting your _build folder and forcing a recompile

1 Like

I deleted my _build folder, and after recompiling it worked perfectly. Thanks!