Can't follow relays at all «code 500»

Hi !
I can’t follow any relays. when I try I keep getting the same error «Request failed with status code 500 - URI»
I’m on OTP, tried with multiple relay to make sure it wasn’t just bad relays.
This a fresh install and I’m a fresh admin on the fediverse.
I’m currently in hope to get more info if I succeed to install monitoring on the server. Until then, I don’t know where to consult logs that could tell me where the problem originate.

Hopping you could help me,
thanks a lot :orange_heart:

Assuming you use systemd, journalctl -fu akkoma should show the akkoma logs and shows new log lines as they come in. I assume you’re on the latest stable version? I fixed something recently (and should be in the latest release) which could be related, so I hope I didn’t break one thing while trying to fix another :confused:

Oh thank you ! That was really helpful and it’s kind of fun to see akkoma reach out to other instances live.
I’m indeed in the latest stable version (3.6.0-0-g36cb19d).

Here is a snippet of the error I get.

Feb 28 19:19:18 akko pleroma[21593]: 19:19:18.206 request_id=F0gTMAYq-R5U1ksABs3h [error] Could not fetch user https://relay.pourparlers.social/actor, {nil, {:error, "invalid value for header (only printable ASCII characters are allowed) \"date\": \"mar., 28 févr. 2023 19:19:18 GMT\""}} 
Feb 28 19:19:18 akko pleroma[21593]: 19:19:18.206 request_id=F0gTMAYq-R5U1ksABs3h [error] error: :not_found, {nil, {:error, "Unsupported URI scheme"}}
Feb 28 19:23:40 akko pleroma[21593]: 19:23:40.258 request_id=F0gTbQqYY2rfMPQABrei [error] error: :not_found

It seems to be important to note that the error "invalid value for header (only printable ASCII characters are allowed) keep on popping up regurlarly on the journal.

this is correct, the date in that header does not conform to the HTTP RFC, it’s an invalid header

1 Like