Any plans of adding OpenGraph for the site at all?

When I share my instance’s link to FB/IG/LI etc it should at least fetch the site’s logo. Nothing like that. This was the same case with Pleroma too.

Mastodon instance’s OG for example.

When I share a link (works fine).

Of course, I don’t need to write a wall of text on how important the Open Graph Protocol is for websites. If there’s a hack please do share.

I probably speak for many folks on Fedi when I say… I do not care for those platforms at all. I don’t think I could ever express how little I care for those platforms, and that I want zero integration; I want those platforms to never know about my site, ideally.

The Open Graph protocol enables any web page to become a rich object in a social graph. For instance, this is used on Facebook to allow any web page to have the same functionality as any other object on Facebook.

NOPE.

NOPE

Looks like I too will have to nope out of here and look for people who at least will listen or give heed to it instead of just giving a Nope. Even if it costs me a few $$.

Immature replies like these and acting like an evangelist are why Pleroma and other projects in the ActivityPub are a mess with people leaving and starting their own, Mastodon included because of Gargon.

Immature?

FB actively flags links to activitypub sites (including my blog on write.as) as a dangerous site - for no reason other than it is competition.

Of course, I don’t need to write a wall of text on how important the Open Graph Protocol is for websites. If there’s a hack please do share.

I don’t understand this assumption. I have no idea why that should be the case, and the assumption that anyone should be all for it shocked me when I realised it was all about facebook when I looked up what it was.

Someone once gave me this advice:

As someone who earns his living writing technical documentation, I’ll humbly suggest to put it all down.

I am only a user and do not speak for the Akkoma project, and I am only one reply. See what others say :person_shrugging: