What's the "Best" way to block a remote user across the entire instance?

I am wondering if there is a better way to block a remote user across the entire instance than using MRF Keyword? (Which I’m not sure is working as I hope, haven’t verified one way or another)

I don’t want to block the entire instance (yet), but I do want to block specific user(s) across the entire instances and wanted to know if there was a “best” way that leverages built-in, or nearly built-in functionality for this?

I assumed deleting or deactivating the remote user does that.

I don’t know how that would work, but what if you’ve never seen a specific user yet and you know you want to block them pro-actively?

You can search for the remote user in admin-fe and deactivate them from there, if your instance has seen them before.

or if you want to be extra sure, subchain

https://docs.akkoma.dev/stable/configuration/cheatsheet/#mrf_subchain

4 Likes

Oh that is really neat! Not sure why I haven’t used this yet.

I was looking at that. I noticed that the right-hand side was not giving a list, but you had to type things in manually. Is is possible to get a few more examples of this? Maybe with a string as an example?

Side note: If you create a blank subchain entry, it will “Do Very Bad Things” to your instance’s ability to process. I found out the hard way.

1 Like