"config/prod.secret.exs not found"

Hello,

I am trying to install Akkoma via Debian (on a Digital Ocean server) and for the most part, the set up goes okay until I run into the dependencies/config parts.

More specifically, this: Linux the-praetorium 5.10.0-11-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.92-1 (2022-01-18) x86_64 - Pastebin.com

I don’t know much about Linux, to be honest, I’m not sure how to create or access+edit a file in a terminal setting. I’m trying to figure it out by searching, but I’m coming up empty every time.

Please advise, if possible. Thank you!

i’m going to be relatively blunt here, running a fediverse instance is a very technical task, if you’re having troubles with navigating the terminal i might recommend asking someone more familiar with the technology to host for you - else i fear you’ll run into an error condition you’re not prepared to handle

(also, for the record, it’s because you’re using elixir 1.10 which is ooooooold, use OTP if you can, and if you insist on running your own instance)

2 Likes

btw there are also hosted instances out there, where you can rent a already installed server for you ^^