Akkoma db taking up a lot of space (relays configured to save 7 days )

https://docs.akkoma.dev/stable/administration/updating/

followed guide here. no errors during update.

Iā€™m going to say it again, Iā€™m placing my bets on you not having updated admin-fe which you said was the thing throwing the error

the commands you link there are fine for general updates but do not update your admin-fe, which was stated to be necessary in the changelog

is there a guide to updating admin-fe? will search, thanks

i could not find a guide for this.

Change pleroma-fe to admin-fe in the update guide in the docs, and use that. I forget the exact command but it is the same as installing admin-fe from scratch.

thanks, so i should change " ./bin/pleroma_ctl frontend install pleroma-fe --ref stable"

to ```
./bin/pleroma_ctl frontend install admin-fe --ref stable

i could not find a guide for this.

you didnā€™t look very hard

https://docs.akkoma.dev/stable/administration/CLI_tasks/frontend/

thanks, that fixed the admin page error

the server does not appear to be receiving new messages. i do not notice an error. advice please?

At the risk of coming over as very rude, my general advise to you is to not spam with every problem before actually trying to troubleshoot yourself. Maybe itā€™s just a communication problem, or maybe itā€™s just me, but all this comes over as very demanding to me.

Self-hosting is not a trivial thing. No one expects you to be born with all the knowledge required for this, thatā€™s why we are here to help each other. But trying to figure things out, learning to read docs, learning how things work, figuring out problem solvingā€¦ all of those are a big part of self hosting. Right now I see is a lot of ā€œX doesnā€™t work, please helpā€, without any work thatā€™s actually been done to try to figure out the problem yourself. Maybe you did work, but if we do not know what, we also canā€™t say how maybe you could approach issues better in the future, and thereā€™s a good chance we actually miss helpful information that would help to fix the issue at hand.

Please, by posting here, you are asking people to make time and do effort to help you. At least show that you are doing an effort as well. Again, maybe itā€™s just a communication problem, or maybe itā€™s just me, but this is something I seriously miss here.

If someone thinks Iā€™m out of line here, do say so.

3 Likes

thanks I am also looking to fix issues that are coming up however I know very little about this stuff, so I am learning for the first time.